JetPack 5.1.1 is the new production release for the full NVIDIA Jetson Orin and Jetson Xavier family of hardware. It adds support for the newly announced Jetson Orin Nano Developer Kit (see the review here).
It also adds support for Jetson AGX Orin 64GB, Jetson Orin NX 8GB, Jetson Orin Nano 8GB and Jetson Orin Nano 4GB production modules.
Here’s the official blurb of the features from the Jetson Forum:
JetPack 5.1.1 includes Jetson Linux 35.3.1 with following highlights:
(Please read Jetson Linux Release notes for more details)
- Adds support for Jetson Orin Nano Developer Kit
- Adds support for Jetson AGX Orin 64GB, Jetson Orin NX 8GB, Jetson Orin Nano 8GB and Jetson Orin Nano 4GB production modules
- Over The Air Updates:
- Image Based OTA tools to upgrade Xavier or Orin based modules running JetPack 5 in the field1
- Support for Multi Point Lens Shading Correction (LSC) on Orin.
- Enhanced resilience of Argus SyncStereo app to maintain synchronization between stereo camera pairs
- Support for dynamic frame rate in AV1 encoding
- New argus_camera_sw_encode sample for demonstrating software encoding on CPU cores
- Updated nvgstcapture-1.0 with option of software encoding on CPU cores
Installing JetPack 5.1.1
You can install JetPack 5.1.1 using multiple ways:
- Using SDK Manager: Install JetPack 5.1.1 using SDK Manager on any Jetson Orin and Xavier modules.
- SDCard Image: If you are using Jetson Orin Nano Developer Kit or Jetson Xavier NX Developer kit, then you can use the SDCard image from JetPack 5.1.1 page.
- Flashing Scripts: Download the Jetson Linux tar balls from Jetson Linux 35.3.1 page and use flashing scripts to flash. Refer to QuickStart section in Jetson Linux Developer Guide.
- Debian Packages: After flashing Jetson Linux, you can install the rest of the JetPack using apt commands. Please refer JetPack documentation 1
To upgrade from a previous version of JetPack 5 using debian packages, refer to JetPack documentation.
JetPack 5.1.1 Components
- Jetson Linux 35.3.1
- CUDA 11.4.19
- TensorRT 8.5.2
- cuDNN 8.6.0
- VPI 2.2
- OpenCV 4.5.4
- Vulkan 1.3
- Nsight Systems 2022.5
- Nsight Graphics 2022.6
- Nsight DLD/Compute 2022.2
- JetPack 5.1.1 Documentation
- Jetson Linux 35.3.1 Developer Guide
- Jetson Linux 35.3.1 Release Notes
Following items are pending to be released (we will update this announcement when they are made live):
- Jetson containers for JetPack 5.1.1 on NGC
Read the Release Notes!
Even though this is a point release, there are a lot of changes going on here.
You can save yourself a lot of time by reading the release notes. As usual, the release notes will help guide you through the new features, as well as point out some of the rough spots of known issues.